Wondering what restaurants you should try in Waco, Texas? Whether you are a Waco local, relocating to Waco, or just stopping in town, Waco has food for every occasion and mood. While Waco is nationally known for being the home of Dr. Pepper, Waco’s restaurant scene has an impressive list of awards and accolades too.
Regardless of what type of food you want, Waco, Texas offers a wide variety of restaurants for any occasion. Our top picks support eating at local Waco restaurants, many of which have been around for decades. We put together a list of our favorite restaurants in Waco depending on what food you are in the mood to eat. Included we listed: Best BBQ, Best Burgers, Best Fine Dining, Best Tex-Mex & Mexican, Best Pizza, Best Outdoor Dining, and Best New Restaurants. Let us help you plan your next meal at one of our top restaurant picks for Waco, Texas!
Waco is full of longstanding BBQ joints that have remained classics in their city. From their brisket to ribs to sauces, Waco, Texas sets the bar high for BBQ Restaurants in the heart of Texas. You really can’t go wrong trying any of these BBQ restaurants in Waco.
- Uncle Dan’s Barbeque: Voted Best BBQ in Waco! This longtime local barbeque and rib house combines tradition and history with their award-winning brisket and ribs.
Address: 1001 Lake Air Drive, Waco, Texas 76710
Phone: (254) 772-4744
- Rudy’s Country Store & Bar-B-Q: With the same original recipes that built its reputation, Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q brings their delicious ribs, brisket, and BBQ to Waco, Texas. For over 28 years, this Texas chain has been known for its famous sauces.
Address: 2510 Circle Rd, Waco, TX 76706
Phone: (254) 750-9995
- Vitek’s BBQ: Famously known for being the home of the Original Gut Pack, this Waco favorite has gained attention from national media. Their Gut Pack was named “Best College Eats” and was featured on ESPN, HGTV, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel, and Texas Monthly.
Address: 1600 Speight Ave, Waco, TX 76706
Phone: (254) 752-7591
Everyone craves a burger at some point in their week. Waco’s burger joints famously pair together the best meat with comfort food sides. Our top 3 choices will turn you into loyal customers in no time!
- Dubl-R Old Fashion Hamburgers: This family-owned and operated burger joint has been serving Old Fashioned Hamburgers since 1996. It may be hard to find, but this Waco secret proves it is well worth it. Not only are the burgers good, but the price is right.
Address: 1810 Herring Ave, Waco, TX 76708
Phone: (254) 753-1603
- Cupp’s Drive Inn: For over 70 years, Cupp’s Drive Inn has been serving their classic burgers and diner atmosphere. When Elvis Presley was training at Fort Hood, he often ate double cheeseburgers with bacon at Cupp’s Drive Inn. If it was a favorite of Elvis Presley, it will be a favorite of yours too!
Address: 1424 Speight Ave, Waco, TX 76706
Phone: (254) 753-9364
- Christi’s Hamburgers: If you like your burgers juicy and greasy, these old-fashioned burgers are the ones for you! Christi’s Hamburgers has been grilling up their homemade burgers since the 1940s. This hole in the wall pairs their delicious food with memorable friendly service.
Address: 3101 Beale St Ste A, Waco, TX 76705
Phone: (254) 799-6480
Best Fine Dining
Are you in need of fine dining date night options? Waco knows how to clean up nicely with these three award-winning restaurants. Whatever you are in the mood for, Waco’s fine dining experience offers an exceptional great plate!
- 1424 Bistro: If you like good food, fine wine, and a great experience, look no further than this authentic Mediterranean restaurant. They were awarded by KWTX News 10’s with the Clean Plate Award. From seafood to chicken to pork, beef, and lamb, 1424 Bistro offers options for all food lovers.
Address: 1424 Washington Ave, Waco, TX 76701
Phone: (254) 752-7385
- One Thirty Five Prime: Committed to serving the finest seafood, beef, and farm-to-table produce, One Thirty Five Prime gives a fresh and prime dining experience. For a decade, they have hand-crafted the perfect menu by combining fine dining with fine ingredients.
Address: 1201 Hewitt Dr Suite 110, Waco, TX 76712
Phone: (254) 666-3100
- Diamondback’s: This Texas-style steakhouse has won many awards and accolades for its fine dining experience. They have won: Top Ten Texas Steakhouse, Best Unique Dining Experience, Best Fine Dining Experience, Best Rehearsal Dinner Venue 2015, Award of Excellence, and more. Diamondback’s pair their award-winning steaks with a world-class variety menu.
Address: 217 Mary Ave, Waco, TX 76701
Phone: (254) 757-2871
Best Tex-Mex & Mexican
Just like the rest of Texas, Waco knows how to serve a delicious, wide range of Tex-Mex and Mexican food. Whether you are in the mood for fresh food, fun drinks, or live music, Waco’s Tex-Mex and Mexcian food scene is just the fit for you. While we only listed 3 of our favorites, Waco is home to many more family businesses that will serve you with an authentic experience.
- El Conquistador: This local favorite offers a whole lot of choices for the right price! El Conquistador began back in 1969 in Waco, Texas by the Gonzalez Family. They pride themselves not only on their delicious Mexican food but their friendly service.
Address: 4508 W Waco Dr, Waco, TX 76710
Phone: (254) 772-4596
- La Fiesta Restaurant & Cantina: With family recipes made from scratch daily, this Tex-Mex restaurant has been feeding the Waco area since 1963. For over a decade, they have been rated the best Tex-Mex restaurant in Waco. La Fiesta not only provides delicious food but an energetic, lively atmosphere with weekly live music.
Address: 3815 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76710
Phone: (254) 756-4701
- Abuelita’s Mexican Restaurant: This family-owned and operated restaurant has been serving authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex food since 1999 in Waco. For over 20 years, the Jaimes family has been using their family recipes to make their customers feel like family.
Address: 1623 N Valley Mills Dr, Waco, TX 76710
Phone: (254) 399-6371
While pizza may not be your first thought when you think of Waco, Texas, the Waco pizzerias sure know how to change that. Whether you enjoy a more casual atmosphere or a nice sit-down restaurant, Waco offers it all. Below we listed our favorite pizza places depending on the occasion.
- MOROSO Wood Fired Pizzeria: Taking inspiration from his Italian family, owner Dan Moroso cooks with only the finest and freshest ingredients. Their menu consists of authentic Neapolitan pizza and other classic Italian meals. In 2017, Moroso was awarded Best New Restaurant and in 2018, Best Place to Take a Date.
Address: 4700 Bosque Blvd, Waco, TX 76710
Phone: (254) 235-6000
- Poppa Rollo’s Pizza: Since 1959, Poppa Rollo’s has been serving their homemade pizza in the Waco area. Combining pizza with their family-friendly games and arcade makes this restaurant a fun family night. Not only is their pizza delicious, but they have beer specials throughout the week. What more could you want?
Address: 703 N Valley Mills Dr, Waco, TX 76710
Phone: (254) 776-6776
- Baris: With the freshest ingredients and their own original recipes, Baris is the place to eat delicious Italian pizza. Including daily specials and customer-oriented service, Baris seeks to make all of its customers happy. Their big-sized portions for a reasonable price make them a favorite of Waco locals!
Address: 904 N Valley Mills Dr, Waco, TX 76710
Phone: (254) 772-2900
Best Outdoor Dining
From the warm Waco sunsets to the lively, local atmosphere, Waco, Texas offers the best of both worlds through its outdoor dining. Whether you are in the mood for a sports bar atmosphere or a music event atmosphere, Waco can do it all. Our top 3 picks for Waco Outdoor Dining give you some variation depending on what you prefer.
- George’s: For 80 years and counting, George’s Restaurant has been serving their chicken fried steaks and cold beers to Waco, Texas. With an impressive sized dinner and drinks menu, Waco locals love spending their evenings here. The beautiful Waco sunsets are unmatched while dining outside George’s.
Address: 1925 Speight Ave, Waco, TX 76706
Phone: (254) 753-1421
- The Backyard Waco: A local hangout combining Food, Drinks, Concerts, and Events! What more could you ask for? Throughout the week, The Backyard Waco features events that the whole family could enjoy. The lively atmosphere paired with the good food and drinks makes this Waco hangout the place to be!
Address: 511 S 8th St, Waco, TX 76706
Phone: (254) 235-1151
- Te’Jun The Texas Cajun: Since 1997, this Cajun-inspired seafood company has been serving Waco their award-winning seafood. From 2018-2020, Te’Jun has been awarded the #1 Best Cajun, #1 Best Crawfish, Best Seafood in Waco, #2 Best Outdoor Dining, and many more! Their Robinson location has outdoor dining where you can feed the fish.
Address: 711 N Robinson Dr, Robinson, TX 76706
Phone: (254) 235-3100
Best New Restaurants
This past year has been tough on all local businesses due to COVID-19. Despite the hardships, Waco welcomed a list of new restaurants during this pandemic. We find it very important to dine at our local restaurants to show support for our Waco community. With this support, we can help our new local restaurants gain momentum! Not to mention, the new restaurants serve *delicious* food.
- Di Campli’s Italian Ristorante: Newly established in 2020, Di Campli provides authentic Italian food in a modern atmosphere. Their Italian food is made with the freshest ingredients to provide you with the quality you deserve. Owner and chef, Massimo Di Campli, has been featured in KWTX Channel 10 news for his impressive background and opening of his restaurant.
Address: 6500 Woodway Dr SUITE 121, Waco, TX 76712
Phone: (254) 300-5978
- Union Hall: With their grand opening at the start of 2020, Union Hall faced some original setbacks with regaining occupancy to 100%. Now fully opened, this unique food experience offers numerous eateries all within its food hall. With 24 different food stalls and 3 standalone restaurants, Union Hall provides food options for every type of eater. From burgers to ramen to tacos to waffles, Union Hall offers it all!
Address: 720 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76701
Phone: (254) 870-1669
- Wako Taco: Bringing the authentic Mexican kitchen to Waco, Wako Taco had its grand opening in April of this year. Their Mexican-inspired menu and flavors shine through when you taste their food. Not only do they serve tacos, but their menu consists of burritos, fajitas, enchiladas, quesadilla, parrillada, and more! Wako Taco is the place to eat when you want to take a mental culinary trip down to Mexico.
Address: 1800 Summer Ave, Waco, TX 76708
Phone: (254) 732-4309
Now you are ready to eat like a Waco local with our top recommendations! Our goal is not only to provide you with the best restaurants in Waco, but ways to support our Waco community. Amy’s Attic is the newest self-storage facility in Waco, Texas. We offer a wide variety of storage unit sizes and provide everything that you need to streamline your business and/or residential self storage experience!
Climate Controlled Storage Waco – Amy’s Attic Self Storage
Amy’s Attic Self Storage offers a safe storage environment for both business and residential customers. With temperature-controlled units and awesome customer service, Amy’s Attic Self Storage is your best option for self storage units in Central Texas. Amy’s Attic Self Storage is proud to open a new location in Waco, Texas in 2021. If you are interested in renting a brand new storage unit or have questions about the renting process, then please call 855-426-9728. You are also welcome to drive by or visit our new indoor storage building at 1821 S New Rd Waco, TX 76711.