Military self-storage encompasses all storage facilities that have made it their mission to provide the best possible storage for all military members. While these storage services are military-specific, they are available to the public at large as well. Typically, these storage units are for military members who are in the middle of deployment, relocation, or living in a space that has limited availability. Self-storage companies do their best to provide security and flexibility to those serving and those who have served.
Typically, these facilities will provide discounts and benefits to active-duty military members and their families. While storage safety and flexibility are essential, military personnel can receive extra care for their items. Another significant advantage for military members often comes down to a reduced rate for their rental, helping them save money during a time when every dollar counts.
Military Bases and Storage Facilities in Texas
Texas is home to 15 military bases across the state. Its most extensive military base is Fort Cavazos, located in Killeen, TX. Covering approximately 214,000 acres, Fort Cavazos is one of the largest active military bases in the United States.
Other important Military bases across Texas include Fort Sam Houston at Joint Base San Antonio, Goodfellow Air Force Base, 10 miles from San Angelo, and Fort Bliss In El Paso. According to reviews on Google Maps, Amy’s Attic Self Storage offers some of the best-rated self-storage facilities around Texas for military members to take into consideration when deciding on whether or not to store belongings.
Why Should Military Members Use Self Storage?
As with any decision, using self-storage comes with a variety of factors. These six reasons, as well as others, are important for military personnel to take into consideration when deciding whether or not to use self-storage facilities:
- Deployment: You never know when your next assignment will come or where you will go. There are plenty of places a military personnel can get deployed to, both domestically and internationally. Having a safe place to store their belongings is an extremely vital but often overlooked aspect of these deployments.
- Relocations: Much like deployments, relocations can happen often and very quickly. The importance of self-storage is at the very top of the list when it comes to relocations, having your items all in one place without causing a worry regarding transportation.
- Equipment Storage: In some cases, the reason for storage is the simplest one. Many military members might need storage units for their equipment, supplies, or, in extenuating circumstances, vehicles. This storage can be essential if their base needs more space to store these items, leaving them to find outside assistance.
- Restructuring: This one isn’t military-specific and applies to everybody. Whether you’re considering downsizing after retirement or need a place to store your belongings before moving into a new house, self-storage can be extremely important to keep your belongings safe and secure during these strenuous times.
- Security: Sometimes, it helps to have somebody watching your back so that you can focus on other aspects of life. Many of these self-storage facilities have surveillance cameras, gate access, and locks that are tailor-made for their owners to ensure that your items will be in the safest place.
- Flexibility: With these deployments and relocations happening in the blink of an eye, self-storage units can be extremely useful regarding timing. Often, military personnel can store their belongings for as long or short as needed, with this flexibility being a vital aspect of the self-storage promise.
These aren’t the only reasons why self-storage can be extremely important for military personnel, and it’s recommended that one does their research before choosing a specific storage unit. With Amy’s Attic, military members can also receive discounts on storage units and open parking services.
Most Commonly Stored Items for Military Members
There are many items that military members look to store during deployment, relocation, or just a similar lifestyle. Here are some of the most commonly stored items for military members and their families:
- Personal Items: When serving on deployments or living in compact areas, personal items may be difficult to keep on one’s person. In this case, self-storage is your best option. Some of these items can include clothing for certain seasons, shoes, photos, and personal items.
- Household Goods: Storing household items is vital if deployed or relocating. Items range from beds, tables, chairs, and kitchen tools to the tools you might find in your garage.
- Vehicles: When planning what you can bring, the vehicles are often the toughest to consider. Whether you have a car, motorbike, boat, or something else, storing these vehicles during deployment or relocation can save crucial space. Click here to learn more about our open parking and Texas car storage services.
- Deployment Gear: When back home from serving on their deployment, military personnel may take the opportunity to store their deployment gear. This storage can save room at their new housing or place it safely before the next deployment. Storing your deployment gear can be vital if your deployment has any special uniform or specialized equipment.
- Military Memorabilia: Whether still on duty or retired from the military, some may take the opportunity to store some of their achievements from their service. Some items can include awards, special honors, or anything they may hold dear from serving our country.
Amy’s Attic Self Storage
Amy’s Attic Self Storage is proud to store items for those who have served our country. With temperature-controlled units and top-notch customer service, we aim to make the storage experience for military members in Texas as pleasant as possible. If you are interested in renting a storage unit in Central Texas or have any questions, then please call us at 855-426-9728.